If you think about your learning experiences, which teachers in higher education made the biggest positive impact on your learning? Who stood out as a truly excellent teacher in higher education?
Central European University (CEU) has announced the third annual European Award for Excellence in Teaching in the Social Sciences and Humanities. The award was introduced in 2011 to highlight excellent teaching in higher education institutions in the European Higher Education Area.
The candidates are expected to have an outstanding teaching record and the call highlights that they must have experience with one or more of these practices:
- applying innovative teaching methods;
- combining theory and practice, relevance and scholarly excellence;
- using research elements to achieve excellence in teaching;
- applying problem-based/problem-oriented teaching;
- achievements in encouragement of critical thinking;
- sustained commitment to teaching excellence, rather than one-off achievements.
Eligibility: the candidate must work in social sciences or humanities and work in a higher education institution in the European Higher Education Area, excluding CEUs own staff.
Deadline for proposals: January 20th, 2014.
Do you know of a teacher who you think would be worthy of this award?