Call for papers: Higher education partnership trends and policy issues between African and European higher education institutions
The Workgroup “Higher Education and Society in Africa” is organising a conference at Bayreuth International Graduate School of African Studies (BIGSAS), University of Bayreuth on 3–4 November 2016. The conference is themed: “Higher Education Partnership Trends and Policy Issues between African and European Higher Education Institutions”
Trends in institutional partnership in higher education have shown tremendous growth in the past three decades. The conference aims to stimulate academic discussion on trends and key issues in higher education cooperation between European and African universities pointing to pressing important policy and practical issues. Are there patterns of higher education partnership among African and European universities and how do such patterns evolve overtime? What are the current debates on internationalization strategies between Africa and Europe and the circulation of knowledge in individual and institutional partnerships between the continents? Which insights can be drawn from various case studies of higher education partnerships schemes? Read more about the conference theme here (pdf).
The conference is organised around five themes:
- Trends in higher education partnership between African and European universities
- Policy and practical issues on joint programs, student and staff mobility and research collaboration among African and European universities
- Strategies in higher education partnership and internationalization
- Case studies on higher education collaboration among African and European universities
- Practical challenges and opportunities in higher education collaboration among African and European universities – student mobility, join programs, harmonization strategies etc.
Abstracts deadline: 10th of June 2016.