The University of Luxembourg is looking for a postdoctoral researcher in sociology of education.
The successful candidate will primarily work with Professors Justin Powell and Andreas Hadjar in the area of Sociology of Education, on research projects that focus on comparative research on higher education and science systems.
Main focus areas are linked to: education systems and inequalities, institutions and organizations, policymaking and social change processes. The candidate is expected to have broad and advanced methodological skills – including both quantitative and qualitative approaches.
- Degrees (MA, doctorate) in sociology, education or a related discipline.
- Interests and experience in sociological and educational research.
- Substantial knowledge of higher education and science systems.
- Advanced theoretical and methodological training.
- Experience in project management, team-building, and university-based administration.
- Native or near-native command (speaking, reading, writing) of English and German, fluency in French (and/or other languages) beneficial.
Download more information about the position and application procedures here (pdf).
Deadline for applications – 22nd of June.