ECER 2014 will be held at University of Porto in coming September. As a pre-conference event, SRHE is holding a one day seminar themed “European higher education – exploring effective strategies for turbulent times”. The event takes place Monday 01 September 13.30-18.30.
The organizers state the aim of the seminar to:
- bring together colleagues from various European countries to discuss how higher education can cope with turbulent times and how to move forward.
- bring insights into and examples from various European countries on current developments in higher education.
- provide a meeting point for emerging researchers to discuss current issues and network with established researchers in the field of higher education.
The event includes a keynote speech by Professor Rosemary Deem (Royal Holloway, University of London, UK) and four parallel sessions:
- Future prospects in HE for Early Career researchers
Presenters/Facilitators: Mr Patrick Baughan, Department of Learning and Development, City University London, UK
Univ.- Professor Dr Liudvika Leisyte, TU University Dortmund, Germany
- Sustaining high quality teaching and learning in higher education
Presenters/Facilitators: Dr Paul Ashwin, Lancaster University
Dr Mari Karm, University of Tartu, Estonia
- Developing as a researcher in turbulent times: becoming and being an ‘extended’ professional’
A presentation by Professor Linda Evans University of Leeds
Facilitator: Dr Christine Teelken, VU University Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Higher education and employment: building the connections
Presenters/Facilitators: Dr Camille Kandiko Howson, King’s Learning Institute, King’s College UK
Auxiliary Professor Mariana Alves, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Portugal